Friday, October 09, 2009

TextMate Snow Leopard and

During my previous post I needed to copy RTF from a text-editor for code snippets for this blog. XCode does this by default and so does Eclipse. But TextMate does not. Google told me that this should do the trick. It's a bundle for TextMate called 'Copy as RTF' by Dr Nic Williams. I found numerous people praising this little plugin so I decided to downloaded it.

If you don't install it by using GIT, as the instructions say, you can simply download it from the above site and once un-tar'd change the name of the folder (something like 'drnic-copy-as-rtf-tmbundle-e490dbf') to 'Copy as RTF.tmbundle'. Then copy this to ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles. If the bundles directory is not there then simply create it and then copy.

If TextMate is already running then click 'Bundles -> Bundle Editor -> Reload Bundles' to reload the bundles. It should work from here. I had an issue where it wasn't doing anything. I was able to track down the issue by altering the output of the bundle to get the exception. I'm by no means a TextMate expert I just happened to stumble across this. I went to 'Bundles -> Bundle Editor -> Show Bundle Editor' expanded the 'Copy as RTF' and selected the node. Then on the right pane changed the 'Output' drop-down from 'Discard' to 'Show as HTML'.





I was getting a Ruby deprecation warning and an exception about a corrupt theme. I didn't have any themes installed though. I looked through the Ruby code for the plugin where that error message was and found that it was looping through my non-existent 'Themes' folder. I downloaded a random theme and installed it and after that the exception went away and I can now get RTF output for any language in TextMate.

1 comment:

eda said...

hello,
I found and tried this free unlimited sms to all network website. You can send unlimited texts to all Philippine subscribers.
We can also meet new friends and txtmates through discussion and chat.

Visit this link http://www.txtmate.com